Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Advice to Baruch

What advice wouldn't I give them?

That was a joke. Sort of.

I think I would start off by telling them that they should make it a requirement for each and every professor to set up a blackboard for their classes. It is there, and it is useful, so why not take advantage of it? It also makes it easier for the students. But if professors are not going to use it, what is the point?

Next, I would actually tell them to set up a blog or a wiki in which students can voice their opinions about Baruch or some of the issues they have regarding the school. It is a big school and the administration obviously doesn't have time to listen to every student, so something online to serve that purpose would be great.

I also this the school should urge their professors to have a wiki for each class ( in addition or instead of blackboard). I have learned thus far in CIS that wikis are great tools, so why should they be limited to courses in new media? Let's expand.

I think there are a lot of things that Baruch can try... but in the meantime you can download their iPad app.

No comments:

Post a Comment